Vic Damone Forum Index Vic Damone
Official Vic Damone Website: Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RICH, YOUNG & PRETTY

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Norma Pressimone

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:19 pm    Post subject: RICH, YOUNG & PRETTY Reply with quote

Very Happy If you're a true Damone fan, this surprizing movie musical is a treat. A little too young to have seen this movie in 1951, I can now say this is Vic at his youngest, finest and most debonaire role: Andre Milan......."What a pleasant surprise; my father didn't tell me about you !" goes Vic's first line to Ms Jane Powell. (They sure made a bunch of movies together.......Here she is as a strawberry blonde).

Vic is well-suited ( in more ways than one) as the delightful French government clerk who lures the lovely Liz (Jane) right off her Texas tycoon ranch . But why not? After hearing Vic sing the Academy Award song, "Wonder Why" so alluringly, anyone would forget where they come from and where they're going.

I also think most would enjoy the appearances of Fernando Lamas and a youthful Hans Conreid ( prior to joining "The Danny Thomas Show")....an agreeable up-tempo tune by The Four Freshman - remember this group?

How come this one got away from those programming for the TV-movie set ?! This unknown film nicely blends together some of that French charm and Texas ingenuity truly making it a musical PLUS for Franco-American relations. Take the ageless "Deep in the Heart of Texas" with some cute French surprises.

Other tunes with Mr. "D" include "I Can See You" and another cutie: "We Never Talk Much" repeated...but this time...more convincingly by Damone & Powell. "The Old Piano Roll Blues"- an American classic practically is also sung with fun & flair by Vic, Jane ...and Fernando!

Thank you much Mr. Damone for giving us this pleasurable film and for ....... ......."singing.....dancing....and looking like you do" !

- please excuse my raving on -
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Vic Damone Forum Index -> Filmography All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum