Vic Damone Forum Index Vic Damone
Official Vic Damone Website: Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IS ANYBODY THERE.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ken Field

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:08 pm    Post subject: IS ANYBODY THERE. Reply with quote

Hello all,
It's gone very quiet again on our favourite website.
I thought I would inform you of a video that has been posted on youtube.
It's Vic and Judy Garland singing their West side story medley.
This version is from The Hollywood Palace when Judy was the guest hostess. This has been on youtube before but I thought it was worth another look.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Ken Field.
Ken Field

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:14 pm    Post subject: The URL Reply with quote

It's me again, sorry but I forgot to leave you the URL.
It must be my age.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwBNkz6oxqc
Ken Field.
Alan Brown

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes there is, but i am still waiting for some of the people who attended the fabulous Vic concert to let us hear what they thought of the concert.

Here is a little something that might create a bit of interest.

A competition to find out who can get nearest to the total amount of tracks Vic recorded for commercial release, that is ones that were released by the recording companies not tracks that he may have sung on radio and TV stations. the results will be compared with the tracks that are listed in his discography that was compiled by my good friend Dennis Brown. The person or persons (a tie) who get the nearest i will send them a copy of the programme i did for Vics 82nd over GMMY RADIO, on it are tracks by Vic that have never been commercially released, they are in fact tracks by Vic that are taken from radio programmes.

Will close for now, i am expecting quite a few answers to this one

All the Best to everyone out there in Damoneland

Alan Brown
Ken Field

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:05 am    Post subject: Vic's recordings Reply with quote

Hi Alan,
No one seems to be having a go at this
and I will probably be miles out.
I will guess about 750.
All the best
Ken Field.
Norma

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For quite some time, I've been meaning to write a few words of support and congratulations for such a wonderful-sounding concert Vic gave in January. Yes.....I wish I too could have been there! This last concert - - - from all of your descriptions - - - sounds even BETTER than his last big one 10 years ago (the one I attended. And like a jerk - let my chance go by to meet Mr. D after the show).

But you ALL have described it so beautifully! Thanks Allan for the list of songs Vic sang - classic all the way!

I agree with you all, it would be so much more inviting, if more people ....especially those who attended the concert (even family) .... would have taken a small amount of time to say "Thank You Vic; You were wonderful". That's all. Wink It keeps our musical spirits going - not only Vic's but those of us who occasionally participate.
Alan Brown

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it seems that the only person that was interested in the competition was stalwart Ken Field so Ken you are the winner with not a bad guess at 750 in actual fact he recorded 767 although some were not released so you were as near correct as possible.

Your small reward will be on its way to you as promised in my email to you.

Now is there anyone out there that can come up with some idea to get some response from the Vic Damone fans out there?

A bit early but i shall be doing a programme over GMMY RADIO for Vics 83rd birthday not quite as good as last years but stay tuned you might just hear something you have never heard before.

To all the people out there in Damoneland

All the Best Alan Brown
Ann Titus

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

Congratulations to Ken Field for being the winner of Alan's contest.

There are so many responses to posts on the website, so many who sign up to be members and then we never see or hear from them here - why? I wish I had an answer - and wish I had suggestions for some activity on the website of our favorite personality - we've tried various things here and hope someone can come up with something new and interesting for more participation.

Alan - all I can say islet's keep trying.....

My best to all....

Ann Titus
Ken Field

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alan,
Thanks for declaring me as the winner to your competition
and thankyou Ann for your congratulations.
It is just a pity that there were not more people having a go.
With regard to what might create more interest.
A few years ago Vic released two Signature Collection Cd's. At the time this created lots of interest and it was said that there were more to come.
I feel that this would create more interest but how long would it last, maybe we would end up just where we are now.
All the best
Ken Field.
Ken Field

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:25 pm    Post subject: Alan's competition. Reply with quote

Hello,
I would like to say thankyou to Alan Brown for the reward he sent to me for being the winner to his competition. I loved it.
All the best
Ken Field.
Alan Brown

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I shall be presenting an 83rd birthday programme for Vic this year as usual over GMMY RADIO it will not be like last years but there might be a couple of surprises for all you Vic fans out there.

Frankie Dee who runs GMMY RADIO usually starts playing the programme just before Vics birthday and a few days after so i shall be looking forward to the pleasure of your company.

To all you listeners out there in Damoneland this is Alan Brown saying BYE FOR NOW.
Ken Field

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 11:24 pm    Post subject: Your vic Damone programme Reply with quote

Hi Alan,
This is Great news.
Although I have to say that I have GMMY radio on my computer but I still do not know how to receive your broadcast, I must be doing something wrong. I put my problem down to my age and modern technology.
Maybe you could send me a copy of your broadcast they are always first class. You are a credit to the Vic Damone website. If you were in the forces they would say that you were acting above and beyond the call of duty. I rest my case.
Ken Field.
Ann Titus

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alan,

Your birthday programs for Vic are always wonderful and something special to look forward to - you do a great job for Vic and all of the fans on the website.

Thank you for all your years of being a Vic Damone fan.....me too and they have been wonderful years with all of his beautiful music - we are both very blessed to have Vic in our life and to also consider him a friend as well.....how lucky can fans get!!!!!

Thanks again for everything.

Ann Titus
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Vic Damone Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum