Vic Damone Forum Index Vic Damone
Official Vic Damone Website: Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"The Tonight Show"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Norma Pressimone

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:51 pm    Post subject: "The Tonight Show" Reply with quote

"H...e...r...e's Johnny !"

Anybody who was ever anyone in show business - sooner or later popped up on Johnny Carson's show. And Vic was no different. He graced the recently departed talk-show host a few times in his career. The guest spot I'm particularly speaking of is the

. . . . . 1975 November appearance with Suzanne Pleshette and funny-man, Don Rickles. (Can you ever imagine being on a show with Rickles Exclamation - one never knew what he might say). In '75 I was well into my 4th yr of marriage, a working secretary, and barely made it to the 11:30pm show.

[Missed you again, Mr. "D" Sad ] Could anyone remember this particular one..........AND ...... can we get a video of it Question

-much obliged to webmaster Bill K for his willingness to include all the appearances of Vic on the Carson show. FABULOUS !
Norma Pressimone

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject: "Forties in the Eighties" Reply with quote

"Forties in the Eighties" Question Do tell. If this is a concert Vic did - I'm afraid I'm not too savy in this venue.

It sounds like a show done in the 1980's ...probably in England.... he seemed to be booked quite a lot at this time there......and music covering the 1940's period.

If it's not listed on the "Filmography" of Vic's - maybe it ought to be !

Thanks Smile Alan
Norma Pressimone

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

......speaking of a "mine of info". Thanks again Fiona. Don't know why I blocked out the part of 'NEW JERSEY' as Allan wrote above; but anyway you certainly pin-pointed that concert with Vic and Jane Powell. Love that girl - - - what ever happened to her? They made a few movies together for MGM ( I thought they'd become an "item" . . . a SCREEN item, that is! Cool making many more films together).

Oh well, anyone for more nostalgia ?
Norma Pressimone

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes - I went back to see 1982 when Damone-Powell teamed up again. You've got to click the photo to really see their pictures THEN and NOW.....which, btw, BOTH look terrific!

The photo's from HIT THE DECK

Vic to Jane: ........ "Look sister Don't go getting self-righteous with me not after what I saw tonight!"

Got the movie? - I loved it; the first time I saw it in 1955 as well!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Vic Damone Forum Index -> Filmography All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum