Vic Damone Forum Index Vic Damone
Official Vic Damone Website: Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

THE EXHILLARATING EIGHTIES...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Norma Pressimone

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:06 pm    Post subject: THE EXHILLARATING EIGHTIES... Reply with quote

I think I'd be in safe territory saying that Damone in the SEVENTIES can be closed......but the 1980's - concerts - TV shows - etc. - can begin.

All of you outside the USA can help much better in this, since it appears (thanks to our "Filmography" Page) that Vic did quite a lot of appearing in front of European audiences.

One particular one would be "The ROYAL FESTIVAL HALL" in London, England - 1981 is the date. Any information.....songs sung....guests, anecdotes, fond memories, etc would be appreciated. Laughing

[ ...if I forgot anything in the SEVENTIES....let us know ]

Mark Fox

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over to Alan(Brown)and/or Ken(Field)-I know they were there.
Some of Vic's UK concerts at that time were broadcast by the BBC too-I think the one you mentioned was one of them.Also The Dome,Brighton concert.
Norma Pressimone

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: ROYAL FESTIVAL HALL Reply with quote

Thank you Mark. I went through this so fast - I'd forgotten that I was reminded by Alan of all of the lovely songs ( and I MEAN LOVELY songs Vic performed at the ROYAL CONCERT HALL. )

Oh! to have been there!!! Music such as "If I Loved You", "I Dream of You" - superb! In the background of "Come in From the Rain" was a gorgeous refrain of "An Affair to Remember".

. . . . and my favorite up-tune: "NEW YORK, NEW YORK" ! !

Was this also a concert conducted/arranged by Mr. Norman Geller ???
Mark Fox

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Norman played for Vic at most/all of Vic's 80s UK concerts-Alan could confirm.
My wife&I never went to any of the Southern(UK)venues,only Birmingham and Harrogate ones.
Some of the others I mentioned were broadcast by BBC Radio at the time hosted by Terry Wogan and David Jacobs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Vic Damone Forum Index -> Filmography All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum